Angela Mary Vaz is a 25-year-old Indian illustrator and comic artist from Bangalore who has amassed almost 100k followers on her Instagram account called Stray Curls where she depicts the challenges of living with curly hair through daily-posted ingenious comics that people sporting (and battling) wavy hair will have a lot of time for., India. Don’t get me wrong. I will choose my curls over straight hair any day. But let’s face it: Curly hair is high maintenance.
“I will choose my curls over straight hair any day,” Angela says. “But let’s face it: Curly hair is high maintenance.”
So no matter whether you’re having a good curly day, or you are feeling a bit fatigued by today’s battle with your curls, you will understand what these comics are saying only too well.
More info: Instagram
1. Straight-haired people not getting it at all
2. A world of difference
3. Ponytail expectations vs Reality
4. The brush is a completely different animal when it comes to curly hair
5. Shampoo vs Conditioner
6. Curly hair can be the way you want it, but never at the time you want it to be that way
7. Straight-haired people have no idea how lucky they are when it comes to putting on hats and caps
8. Growth is imperceptible
9. Wet hair vs Dry hair
10. Doing our part for the environment
12. Measurements go out the window with curls
13. Television vs Reality
14. Seems familiar?
15. Humidity, one of the Four Horsemen of the Curlypocalypse
16. Partition is not only a problem for Korea, Ireland and Cyprus, the Curls nation knows it only too well
17. There’s no cheap way out
18. Sheep shearing
19. The Bob cut is called the Jimi Hendrix cut in our world